Dig into this crisp, cool Simple Summer Salad from the SampleHouse Cookbook for a perfect afternoon meal.
- 2 lg. ripe avocados, sliced
- 1 sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 3 lg. ripe tomatoes, sliced
- 1 bag of your favorite greens (spring mix, arugula, baby spinach or herb mix)
- Light vinaigrette of your choice
On a large platter, arrange greens on the first layer. Next, arrange the tomatoes in a single layer, followed by the avocados and finally the onions. Pour vinaigrette over the onions and avocados and refrigerate for up to 2 hours. This salad can be prepared 1-2 hours ahead of time. This salad is best when the avocados are a their peak!