Potato soup is a wintertime staple in the SampleHouse family. This recipe is made in the crockpot and is rich, delicious, and most importantly- easy!
- 8 c. chopped potatoes, with or without peel
- 1 sm. onion, chopped
- 1/2 lb. bacon, crisped, drained and crumbled
- 1 (8-oz.) pkg. cream cheese, softened
- 3 (14.5-oz.) cans chicken broth
- 1 (10.75-oz.) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
In 4-quart crockpot, stir together potatoes, onion and bacon. In large mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, chicken broth, soup and pepper. Add to crockpot. Cover and cook on low heat for 8-10 hours or on high heat for 4-5 hours. Mash the potatoes lightly for a thicker soup.